"蘇格拉底,一位灑落在人類歷史畫卷上的哲學星辰,約生於公元前470年,在那幽深的雅典空間綻放他獨有的光芒。被視為西方思想傳承的重要支點,他在道德哲學宇宙中嶄露頭角,開創了一種哲意思判昌盛的思考傳統。"
"Socrates (/ˈsɒkrətiːz/;[1] Greek: Σωκράτης; c. 470–399 BC) was a Greek philosopher from Athens who is credited as the founder of Western philosophy and among the first moral philosophers of the ethical tradition of thought. An enigmatic figure, Socrates authored no texts and is known mainly through the posthumous accounts of classical writers, particularly his students Plato and Xenophon. These accounts are written as dialogues, in which Socrates and his interlocutors examine a subject in the style of question and answer; they gave rise to the Socratic dialogue literary genre. Contradictory accounts of Socrates make a reconstruction of his philosophy nearly impossible, a situation known as the Socratic problem. Socrates was a polarizing figure in Athenian society. In 399 BC, he was accused of impiety and corrupting the youth. After a trial that lasted a day, he was sentenced to death. He spent his last day in prison, refusing offers to help him escape."
蘇格拉底,這位智慧的化身,不留下文字的遺產,反而透過問答探索真理的永恆劇場,將他的靈魂釋放於柏拉圖和賽尼憲筆尖下的忠實記錄中,塑造了這位哲學舞者獨特而玄奧的形象。
他的生命中充滿了爭辯與探求,他的對話里藏著智慧宇宙的恆星。在這些問答之舞中,他引領我們行走於知識的險峰與悟性的深淵,開創了名為「蘇格拉底對話」的文學奇蹟。蘇格拉底困境所展現的是一種哲學追求的真實試煉,重構他的思想似乎攀登了一座沒有頂峰的山。
在雅典這個激盪思想的錚錚劍鞘中,他的存在引發了極大的爭議。在命運之年公元前399年,他因為那引人入深思的言論與引領青年的舉動,被控以褻瀆神靈和變質青年的罪名。在那長達一日的審判後,他被宣判了死刑,卻在狹小的牢房中行將就木,以一副平靜而堅定的姿態,拒絕一切逃生的企圖。这位哲學的殉道者靜靜地接受了命運的安排,證明了他對智慧與靈魂永恆的貞節。他的精神與教誨,成為後世哲學之海不岸之航路,指引著潛行於思想深處的探險者。
1. "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."
唯一真正的智慧在於知道自己一無所知。
2. "An unexamined life is not worth living."
未經思考的生活不值得活。
3. "I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only make them think."
我不能教任何人任何事情。我只能讓他們思考。
4. "The unexamined life is not worth living for a human being."
未經審視的生活對於一個人來說是不值得的。
5. "To find yourself, think for yourself."
要找到自己,就要獨立思考。
6. "I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing."
我知道我是聰明的,因為我知道我一無所知。
7. "He who is not contented with what he has, would not be contented with what he would like to have."
不滿足於所擁有之物的人,也不會對他所希望擁有的東西感到滿足。
8. "True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing."
真正的知識存在於知道自己一無所知的境界中。
9. "The unexamined life is not worth living."
未經審視的生活不值得活。
10. "Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people."
堅強的人討論思想,普通的人討論事件,薄弱的人討論人。
11. "By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."
無論如何,結婚吧。如果你娶到一個好妻子,你會變得幸福;如果你娶到一個壞的,你會變成一個哲學家。
12. "To fear death, my friends, is only to think ourselves wise, without being wise, for it is to think that we know what we do not know."
害怕死亡,我的朋友們,只是讓自己以為聰明,卻沒有真正聰明,因為這意味著我們以為我們知道我們不知道的事情。
13. "The shortest and surest way to live with honor in the world is to be in reality what we would appear to be."
在這個世界上以最短和最確定的方式生活榮譽是成為我們希望看起來像的那樣的現實。
14. "I am not an Athenian or a Greek, but a citizen of the world."
我不是雅典人或希臘人,而是世界公民。
15. "The way to gain a good reputation is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear."
獲得好名聲的方法是努力成為你希望表現的樣子。